[openbeosnetteam] Re: Fix in posix headers

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 14:12:04 GMT

> Hi,

Hi Niels,

> There's a mistake in the net/if.net posix header file

In fact, we're way off the official POSIX standard on the net/if.h
content :
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/basedefs/net/if.h.html

Short list of things to be compliant, and we don't even are!
:-\

Fact is most of our current net/if.h should be private. ifq struct for
a start, but
that's a lot to check against each definition before being able to
decide who should
move to a private header...

> it includes socketvars.h (which is now private)

Argh. You're right, including private headers from a public one is not
a good behavior.
I've fixed that issue: no more private sys/socketvar.h header required/
included.
Thanks for notice this issue.

> and it uses thread_id and sem_id
> (which are unknown in posix namespace).

Yeah, that's a known issue with our POSIX-ish, or should I say BSD-ish
public headers:
they're mixing a lot between OS-dependant and standard stuffs.

Until we rewrite/split these *POSIX* net headers to hide their ugly
part, I don't have a quick and nice solution to offer.

Until we came with a better solution, and to unbreak CodyCam build,
I choose to include OS.h to define sem_id and thread_id for the moment.
At least this one
is a public header file!

- Philippe

--