[openbeosnetteam] Re: Fix for resolving host names

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 15:37:43 +0100 CET

"Andrew Bachmann" <shatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> -nostdlib
> Don't use [1] the standard system libraries and [2] startup files
> when linking.
> Only the files you specify will be passed to the linker.
>
> [1] & [2] added by me.  We want [2] but not [1].

First of all, thanks for finding out about it. But then, why do we not
want [1]? Why is -nostdlib used for a library that should be used in
BeOS R5?

> Anyway, so I got curious about these magic files.  So I went looking.

Just look at our repository under src/kernel/glue and find all of them
there :)
As you can easily see, init_term_dyn.o must be part of the object to
have the initialize_before/after() mechanism working.

Bye,
   Axel.