[openbeosnetteam] Few more things...

  • From: "David Reid" <dreid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenBeOS Network Team" <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:40:47 -0000

Just a few things that have made appearances in my scatter brain today...

- it'd be really cool if the kernel guys could arrive at a "safe" mode for
drivers and so on, so that their development could be accelarated.  I say
this as while I am no fan of Linux they do have some good ideas and have
recently added something along these lines which seems to have helped a lot.
It'd help us a good deal as well :)
- we should have a split architecture, where the bare bones are in the
kernel (the really important stuff that needs to go like stink) and the
actual protocol stuff done in add-ons.
- this means we need to interact closely with the kernel team, and probably
the BFS team to a degree as well (due to the fd == pipe ==socket requirement
we should impose on ourselves)

david