[openbeosnetteam] Re: Directory Structure...

  • From: "David Reid" <dreid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 14:43:35 -0000

Did Jean say you were looking at how net_server talks to the network cards?
That's really the first thing we need before we can go anywhere real...

I think once we have that piece of information this is what we should do...

o build a simple net_server that can talk to the cards, get input, send
output
o write the ethernet module
o write a very simple arp module that just prints it's findings
o write a very simple wrapper for ip that again just prints it's findings
o statically link all these together and hard code the links between them
o make sure it's all working

Viola! We now have our test bed for doing the module/linking/loading etc
stuff. At least this way we start from a know basis with actual code to work
with.  Spending too much time on how we link the modules etc together before
that is interesting, but not very practical.

BTW, I estimate the above will take about 2-3 hours :)

david