[openbeosnetteam] Re: DHCP Question

  • From: "David Enderson" <DEnderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 12:06:50 -0500

> The first server to reply is used, others DHCPOFFER paquet(s)
> are discarded
> after.

Great, thanks.  Both you and Peder agree so I'll do that.  I suppose the
spec probably said to do that if I dug in deep enough.

> I can't tell for R5's net_server, but I saw BONE syslog
> messages reporting
> duplicates DHCPOFFER rejected packets.

Interesting, I'll have to remember to log that info.

> Do you have already a plan on OBOS DHCP implementation design?
> If yes, could you elaborate here (userland? stack protocol module?)
> If not, maybe we can give you some hint.
>
> Feel free to post any question.

No, I have no plan on integration.  My goals right now are simply to get
an executable binary that can communicate with a DHCP server correctly.
I am happy if you guys just tell me how to integrate it when the time
comes and I'll do what you tell me.

---=+=---

In other more general news, I have the week of May 10-14 scheduled as
vacation and I plan to split my time between this DHCP implementation
and my other open source project which is a game.  (Don't worry, when
the game is released there will be a BeOS client.)

So I aim to have evidence of some success or spectacular failure in two
weeks.

BTW, do you have any plans to mark DHCP as "assigned" on the team page?
:-)

--David