[openbeosnetteam] Re: DHCP Progress Report

  • From: "David Enderson" <DEnderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:42:19 -0500

> What a weird way of doing!
> ;-)

lol.

> Well, BONE/Zeta and our own socket support should be more in
> line with
> most of UNIX systems, Linux included.
> As your task have only to focus on being compatible with *our* stack,
> if something is missing or doesn't works like
> you want in our UDP support, tell us, we'll fix / expand it.

I have never used BONE since I was never favored as a beta tester and
haven't gone out of my way to obtain a pirated copy of Dano or anything.
My plan is still to develop the core code as a stand-alone executable
that negotiates an IP with a DHCP server, then I will look into
integration.

I would rather do my development on a platform that eliminates as many
variables as possible, so I'll just use Linux for the time being.  Once
I get the negotiation working, I'll install another copy of R5 on my
hard drive and install our networking code and try to get my binary
working on that platform.  Will that strategy work?

Thanks,
David