[openbeosnetteam] DHCP

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <mrcode1234@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 14:45:19 -0800 (PST)

Is anyone working on DHCP support?

Also, what is the Net Team opinion on how this should be implemented?
Do you want to port dhclient and possibly dhcpd and dhrelay from BSD
code?  Or should there be a new BeOS-specific implementation that makes
use of some of the nice features of BeOS (BMessages for live config
updates for example.)

I've taken a quick look at the protocol and the basics seem to be easy,
so I'm considering working on this as my initial contribution to the
net team.  But like others I'm working on other projects as well (like
the MIDI soft synth), so don't expect code in a few days ;)

Ryan

http://platinum.yahoo.com