[openbeosnetteam] Code Nanny?

  • From: "David Reid" <dreid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenBeOS Network Team" <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 14:35:44 -0000

As was pointed out on the main openbeos list we're all supposed to be
following the OpenTracker guidelines (found here
http://opentracker.sourceforge.net/guidelines.html ) on style and so on.
Now, while I think that it's all well and good having guidelines I *really*
object to some of the contents of that document and to be honest have little
intention of getting too worried about following it to the letter, which
means there is an opening for someone with a slightly more "anal"
personality to take on the job of "Code Nanny".

Basically it'll involve changing the code to match the guidlelines once it's
been "signed off" as working (if you do it half way through a work in
progress you WILL know pain) so that the rest of the OpenBeos project can
read our code (as apparently if we don't follow the guidelines they won't be
able to!).  It'll mean removing debugging code, anal comments and so on.
It'll also be cool as it means that people working can just press on and
code :)

Any takers?  I guess if no-one volunteers then it'll be down to Jean :)

david