[openbeosnetteam] Re: BNetAddress update -- a question.

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:24:23 +0200 (added by postmaster@wanadoo.fr)

Scott wrote:
> > "No Nettle backward compatibility".
>
> Yes, I see that now.  Interesting, I keep my local copy up-to-date
via
> CVS but I don't have the 'net' directory under headers--I'll toss my
> copy of the tree and re-check it out, that's probably how I missed
it.
> Aargh!

I always fall on this same error of sync with CVS: cvs update don't *
add* new sub-directory.
cvs checkout is your friend. A better friend, at least, on this topic.

> > Or did I miss something here?
>
> And now that I look like a complete idiot, let's see how much deeper
> hole I can dig for myself.

:-)
I think we both looks like complete idiots, then: I was aware that you
were working on completing
BNet* classes implementation. Michael ask me back on... august, I
guess.

> We discover that whomever was working on the network kit lost
interest,
> so I get to pick up and start writing the classes again.

Well Jonas was assigned this task, that's right, but AKAIK he didn't
lost interest, only state that
he probably will be slower to complete it as it was low on his very own
todo-list. It's why I say to Michael
that you, Scott, will be assign to this task.
I hope I've not screwed to much here, sorry everyone involved if it is/
was the case.

> This oversight in not contacting you is completely my doing.  For
that,
> I apologize.

You're welcome! :-)

> Now, would you like me to finish off the aforementioned classes?  :-)

Absolutly!

-Philippe

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Hlade's Law:
        If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person -- they
will find an easier way to do it.