[openbeosnetteam] Adventures with DHCP

  • From: "Nathan Whitehorn" <nathanw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 16:04:06 -0500 CDT

I've been trying to port ISC DHCP to our stack. However, I've run into
a few problems with ifconfig. Specifically, ifconfig doesn't allow you
to change any settings of an already configured interface and doesn't
allow you to set the broadcast address, nor does it allow setting the
netmask to 0.0.0.0. This is essential for dhclient to function
properly.

It's trying to do this:
ifconfig <interface> inet 0.0.0.0 netmask 0.0.0.0 broadcast
255.255.255.255 up

Which fails, with results you can observe on your own machine.
-Nathan

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

is.  If you don't, it's its.  Then too, it's hers.  It isn't her's.  It
isn't our's either.  It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.