[openbeosnetteam] Re: A possible redesign

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 09:58:07 +0200 CEST

"vladimir reikine" <vreikine@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> VFS is said to be 90% done, but I haven't look in sources to see how
> well
> complicated implementation could be. May be Axel would drop his
> thoughts
> about netfs filesystem plugin.

Oh, I haven't got that many :)
I think we might explore that later on, but for now, I would prefer a
solid traditional stack implementation. We'll need most of it anyway,
no matter which path we are taking, so it wouldn't hurt or slow down
anything.
And if the only advantage of that netfs are attributes instead of
config files, I guess I would then just stick to config files - it
doesn't seem to be worth the effort. But then, maybe we'll see.
See? Not that may :))

Adios...
   Axel.