[openbeosmediakit] Re: new decoder/encoder/extractor/writer API

  • From: "David Shipman" <unlyrn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 23:18:19 NZST (+1200)

> >http://wiki.bebits.com/page/OpenBeOS.MediaKit
>
> Interesting.  A question though.
>
> Is there really a need for a splitter node=3F
>
> Cannot an input be connected to multiple outputs without the need for
> special node=3F

With the current mediakit design - no, it can't. (I presume you mean
one
output to many inputs..)
A consumer node receives buffers - which it must either pass to another
node, or "recycle". Most filtering/processing nodes will simply pass on
the buffer directly, rather than copying its contents - but in order to
send to an additional destination, the node needs to create an
additional buffer.

I have a working audio splitter node which does just that - I imagine
it
should be easy enough to adapt for other formats.

David Shipman