[openbeosmediakit] Re: media adds on

  • From: "Salvatore Benedetto" <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:15:50 +0200

On 7/12/07, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Salvatore Benedetto" <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> you mean /boot/beos/system/boot/Bootscript ?
> I changed the line exec > /dev/null 2>&1 to
> exec > /dev/dprintf 2>&1 , am I supposed to see messages
> in the terminal now? Because I don't see anything.

/dev/dprintf is surprisingly using dprintf() in the kernel to spill out
its output :-)
IOW, depending on your kernel settings, it's either written to the
serial interface, or the syslog, or both.
HTH,

Thanks, I see it in syslog now. I thought it would print its messages in
the terminal.

Bye,
   Axel.

--
Salvatore Benedetto (a.k.a. emitrax)
Student of Computer and Telecommunications Engineering

Siti di vera informazione Italiana
www.beppegrillo.it

Please do not send me any word, excel or power point file