[openbeosmediakit] Re: Aw: MOV reader for Haiku media kit

  • From: "David McPaul" <dmcpaul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Marcus Overhagen <marcusoverhagen@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:24:45 +1100 EST

Marcus,

        Here is the stack crawl.

Can't register system time source
_debugger:
+0007  ec084853:   *            c3    retn
media_addon_server:sc
   frame         retaddr
fd001604   80005741  MediaAddonServer::ReadyToRun(void) + 00000099
fd0016ac   ec15feab  BApplication::DispatchMessage(BMessage *, BHandler
*) + 000001cf
fd0018cc   ec168c49  BLooper::task_looper(void) + 0000029d
fd001b58   ec1620ec  BApplication::Run(void) + 0000005c
fd001b6c   800074c1  main + 0000006d
fd001b84   800050b5  _start + 00000061

        The error is from this code

        BMediaNode *ts = new SystemTimeSource;
        status_t result = mediaroster->RegisterNode(ts);
        if (result != B_OK)
                debugger("Can't register system time source");

But I think this is not really the problem.  I removed the code to
launch the media_addon_server from the media_server and did it manually
and there was no problem running the media_addon_server.  I then
changed the code to launch the media_addon_server from using the mime
type to using the directory again.  This also works fine.  So I think
the problem above is just that the launching with mime type is not
working on my machine.

Now everything runs but I don't get any sound.  Looking at the Media
prefs I have no output control to assign to the sound card (I have an
input control though).

Anyway, this is enough for me to debug my mov reader so I can work with
that.

Any thoughts on the no sound issue?

cc'ing to the mailing list in case anyone is listening.

Cheers
David

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:49:30 +0100 (CET) Marcus Overhagen <
marcusoverhagen@xxxxxxxx> said

--
Veni, Vidi, Visa.