[openbeos-midi] Re: SoundFont Parser finished

  • From: "Matthijs Hollemans" <matthijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 08:59:05 +0100

[SoundFont parser + softsynth]

> Is the code in CVS?  If not could you make it available
> somewhere on the web and provide a link?

*Please* do not put the code in the CVS yet. I suspect that this
code isn't really finished yet, since it will still need to be
integrated with the softsynth. And moving or renaming files in CVS
is really a pain-in-the-ass. So if you can avoid it, do not check
any code into the CVS until it is relatively stable. In other words,
the code compiles and works, and you don't expect it to change a
lot.

Other than that, it's great to hear we are making actual progress on
this ;-) Nice job!

> Yes I imagine that would be the kind of function I would
> need, but at this point I'm not sure what I would want in the
> class Sample.  It might be better if I just continue with the
> Soundfont parser code, especially since I may need to make
> the basic parser more generic so I can also open Downloadable
> Sound (DLS) files.

This is exactly the reason why I want to keep this code out of the
CVS for now.

Matthijs