[openbeos-midi] Re: Midi2 todo List

  • From: "Matthijs Hollemans" <matthijs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:38:22 +0100

> Ok I have understood all what follow but in the BeBook
> you have written you say :"My guess is that MidiRosterApp
> is the class that makes the one-and-only BMidiRoster
> instance. It could be the app that drives the midi_server,
> but I haven't checked that out yet."

You are right, that does not make sense ;-) I was wrong when I wrote
that. Sorry for the confusion.

> > Why do you need to store track names in BMidiEvent

> I don't need it but if you want to do an app that need track
> name you can't use BMidi and other function and you must
> do all the job yourself and I think the API must do all the job.

First of all, BMidiEvent is not part of the API. It is used
internally by libmidi1 (and 2) only. So storing track names in
BMidiEvent does not make sense. Second, I don't think that
BMidiStore or any of the other midi1 classes has an API for getting
the track names. So while it might be very convenient to have such
an API, it is not part of midi1 or midi2, and we will not build it.
If I am wrong, please let me know -- I have not studied midi1 in
much detail yet.

--
Matthijs