[openbeos-midi] Re: MPU401 Specifications - maybe

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:35:30 +0100 (CET)

En réponse à Matthijs Hollemans:
> The question is: do we really
> need it?
>
> Since I haven't studied the midi_server's driver stuff yet, I can't
> answer that question. Maybe Phillipe or one of the other lurkers can
> ;-)

According to /boot/beos/system/add-ons/kernel/generic/mpu401 file size and
quick look via nm and diskprobe, it support only the MPU401 UART mode, not the
intelligent one.

So, yes, we don't really need the full documentation.
However, there is this "workaround" argument in mpu401->create_device() api
which let me think that there is some tricks to support some MPU401
*mostly* compatible cards out there, and to much documentation never can't hurt
here.

-Philippe, proud midi team mailing-list lurker ;-)