[openbeos-midi] Re: 2nd Version

  • From: Jerome Leveque <jerl1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:50:00 +0100

Hi,

>I used Be's midi_server and libmidi2.so and started PatchBay. I also
>used the VirtualMidi driver because I don't have a driver for my
>soundcard. The PatchBay screen correctly shows the endpoints that
>the midi_server makes, and the endpoints that your program makes. So
>I hooked up a MidiKeyboard program and InternalMidi, and connected
>them to the VirtualMidi buses. Then I started playing. But after a
>few key presses, my whole system froze up. The midi_server was going
>nuts, and kept on sending many many MIDI events to the endpoints. I
>had to reset my computer to make it work again ;-) (I did not check
>whether this also happens without your app.)

I have the same problem with every app sometimes BeOS froze up and only a reset
is
possible. Then I looking for an answer : 2 *Endpoint* try to access to the same
/dev/midi/* device files and (correct me if I'm wrong) if data are read by an
*endpoint*
this data are no more here for the second *endpoint* and that might froze up
the
system.
The only solution I see are not run the midi_server but for now, if I do that I
can't
access to MidiEndpoint....

A+
Jerome