[open-beos-printing] Re: Margin View and Settings

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: open-beos-printing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 16:42:51 -0500 (EST)

> I was thinking of that too. But then I think that it is more
convenient for the
>  user to set the window on top of the app that called PageSetup
rather than
>  saving the location for all apps. Is there a way to find out which
app called the
>  PageSetup command=3D3F

The BeOS's print architecture is asynchronous, so we don't know when
and from which the job we were called to *take* come.
A job could come from another machine (network printing service for
OpenBeOS R1!=3F), or could be delayed by user demand (spooler suspend)...
or by a print=5Fserver crash! :-(

So, keep in mind we don't know who make this job, and if even it still
run.

Today, simply center any window (which run in print=5Fserver team, by the
way!) on screen.
In a future OpenBeOS print=5Fserver, maybe we could set a "save window
position" protocol between print=5Fserver and theirs addons...

> I can do that too. Without looking at the code is there a message
sent after
>  each page to move the progress bar along=3D3F

Currently, no.
Just plain static text "PDF rendering in progress" is displayed.

Last, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Philippe.

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn
what it is I'll get married again.
                -- Clint Eastwood