[opasquiapac] Re: FW: Welcome to The Manitoba Healthy Choice Fundraiser!

  • From: Jennifer Little <jlittle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opasquiapac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opasquiapac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 01:29:26 +0000

Let's meet on the 15th at 7 in the library!

Rebecca - if you could contact Jodi, I think it's a great idea and definitely
worth a try

________________________________
From: jlittle@xxxxxxxxx
To: opasquiapac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: cnagle@xxxxxxxxx; gavsmith@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [opasquiapac] FW: Welcome to The Manitoba Healthy Choice Fundraiser!
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 12:58:01 +0000

I have signed Opasquia up for this fundraiser.  Students will sell bundles of
vegetables for $10 or $20.  We will made a 50% profit off the sales.

Miss Berscheid's class will help with the unloading and packaging up when the
vegetables arrive.  If would be great to have a few parent volunteers for this
too.

I'm thinking we should run this at the beginning of October.  Teachers will be
talking about harvesting, healthy foods and being thankful.  I think it would
tie in nicely!  We could then have the veggies arrive after thanksgiving.  They
are quite busy the week of thanksgiving.

I am willing to make up the memo and get the order forms photocopied and sent
out since we have not had a meeting yet to discuss.

How does everyone feel about a meeting on Monday September 15th?

Jen

[http://www.peakmarket.com/img/Enrollment_Welcome_LetterB.png]

MAKE A HEALTHY CHOICE

The Manitoba Healthy Choice Fundraiser!

September to December 2014

The Farm to School Manitoba Healthy Choice fundraiser is a fresh, healthy, and
profitable fundraiser for your school or daycare! It is a great way to promote
healthy food choices while also fundraising for your school.
We are very pleased to announce that the program is now able to distribute
donations of vegetable bundles made to Local Food Banks as distributed by the
Manitoba Association of Food Banks on behalf of schools and daycares.
In addition to being a healthy choice, this fundraiser also offers great profit
margins for your school/daycare.
Schools & daycares keep $5 for every $10 bundle sold and $10 for every $20
bundle sold. That’s a 50% profit!
Those are great returns that should go a long way in meeting your fundraising
goals.
We have made some improvements this year:

  *   We have partnered with the Manitoba Association of Food Banks to ensure
that donation bundles are distributed through out the province in the area they
were fundraised!
  *   Even easier ordering online
     *   Just select your pre-approved group from our drop down options no need
to enter all the details; just confirm it!
     *   Easy payment online with Visa, MasterCard, or American Express OR
print your confirmation page and mail us a cheque or money order

To help you coordinate this successful fundraiser, you’ll find easy to follow
instructions on the "Fundraisers Page" of our website.
If questions extend further, please contact Farm to School Manitoba by email at
FarmtoSchool@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:FarmtoSchoolManitoba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> or call
1-888-289-7325 ext 224.
With Farm to School Manitoba, you will get a fundraiser that promises not only
to provide great profit margins, but also the opportunity to...

Get fresh vegetables at/or below supermarket prices.

Offer healthy food choices and support your school’s nutrition guidelines.

Connect the fundraiser to learning activities available at
www.FarmtoSchoolManitoba.ca<http://www.FarmtoSchoolManitoba.ca>

Try new recipes with Canadian vegetables available at
www.PeakMarket.com<http://www.peakmarket.com>.

We look forward to the opportunity to work with you.