[onlinebooks] Buying of books online

  • From: myles meade <mylesmeade@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: onlinebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 11:45:06 -0800 (PST)

I am a MA student in Electronic Business at the
Middlesex University Business School in London (UK)
studying the consumer profile of people who purchase
books online.  I would be most grateful if you could
assist me by completing and returning the email survey
below.

I can assure you that the information will be treated
with the strictest confidence and that it will not be
forwarded onto any third parties, or used for any
purposes other than this study.

In return for your contribution to the study, upon
completion of my task I will arrange for a summary of
the analysis to be forwarded onto you.  Should you not
be interested in receiving this, please inform me.

Please answer the survey by, firstly, clicking "reply"
and where applicable, completing the questions by
placing an "x" between the relevant brackets.

Thank you for your time and co-operation.

1. Sex:

Male    ()              Female  ()

2. Age:

18 - 30                         ()
30 - 40                         ()
40 - 50                         ()
50 - 60                         ()
60+                             ()

3. Number of children:          ____

4. Employment status:

Student                         ()
Housewife                       ()
Unemployed                      ()
Employed                        ()
Self-employed                   ()
Retired                         ()

5. How long have you been using the Internet?

0 - 6 months                    ()
6 months - 1 year               ()
1 - 2 years                     ()
2 - 3 years                     ()
4 - 5 years                     ()
5 years+                        ()

6. How long have you been buying books online?

0 - 6 months                    ()
6 months - 1 year               ()
1 - 2 years                     ()
2 - 3 years                     ()
3 years+                        ()

7. How frequently do you buy books on line?

Daily                           ()
Weekly                          ()
Fortnightly                     ()
Monthly                         ()
Other                           () Please state:

8. What method of payment do use to buy books?

Credit/debit card               ()
Cheque                          ()
Postal order                    ()
Gift vouchers                   ()

9. What company website(s) do you purchase books off?

Amazon                          ()
Waterstones                     ()
WHSmith                         ()
Bol                             ()
Other                           () Please state:

10. What factors do you consider when buying books
online?

Price                           ()
Security                        ()
Ease of finding book            ()
Ease of ordering                ()
Speed of delivery               ()
Delivery cost                   ()
Recommendation of friend        ()
Other                           () Please state:

http://shopping.yahoo.com/