[oma-loty] Haskell party

  • From: Matt Payne <Payne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oma-loty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:56:58 -0600

Here's a "dartboard" to get the let's get together discussion started.....

What: LoTY (http://www.olug.org/~thehaas/phpwiki/index.php) meeting
Who:  Members of the Omaha LoTY group that RSVP by 2/23/3
When: Friday 2/28/3 at 7pm
Why:  Show off Haskell programs, draw pictures on the white board, & hand waving
Where: Matt's house - 7555 Windsor Dr. zip==68114
How:   It would be great if we could agree on some Haskell work to be done in
       advance and some talking points.   E.G.  Eight Queens - recursion and
       backtracking.   Huffman trees - graph based data structures

I'm somewhat open and flexible on the date and time.  2/7/3 is too soon for me.
 I want to get Huffman trees coded and understood before we meet....

What do you think?    I think someone needs to write a Haskell program to pick
the "best fit" amongst our six (that's the cardinality of our group - right?)
preferences.

--
Matt Payne, Payne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                    932 1779
                                   \|/