[obol] more cranes

  • From: Mike Patterson <celata@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, swalalahos <swalalahos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 16:30:05 -0700

Today while on seawatch at the South Jetty of the Columbia River,
I noted a flock of cranes which appeared to land on Trestle Bay
(they dropped below the dunes east of the jetty area).

About 20 minutes later, walking back to the car from my point count spot
atop the repair road bed, I saw the cranes come up again from the spot
where they appeared to drop earlier. Then they flew toward the jetty
parking lot, circled several times to gain altitude then flew north
across the Columbia River...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mbalame/17106482620/

Saw and heard the first YELLOW WARBLERS of the season at Battery Russell
and the LONG-BILLED CURLEW continues with the hoards of WHIMBREL at
Wireless Rd.

--
Mike Patterson
Astoria, OR