[obol] Whimbrels Astoria

  • From: Linda Perkins <lindajthurmes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 11:54:12 -0700

I got a message from Dave Hiebert yesterday that the whimbrels have returned to
Wireless Road in Astoria. Indeed there are about 200 out there this morning in
the fields and flying in smallish groups. There is nothing better than a noisy
group of whimbrels flying overhead in the sunshine! Dave saw 4 godwits, too,
however I was a passenger in a truck with a driver impatient to get to the
tractor store so I didn't have time to pick apart the flocks and find those. I
hope other people get a chance to see them. What a beautiful day for birding!
Linda Perkins