[obol] Where are the SWALLOWS???

  • From: sheila chambers <sheilach2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 14:46:48 -0700

Another nesting year, "my" swallows have returned again & I'm so glad to see them.
But where are all of the other swallows?

Barn swallows, Violet-green & Bank swallow are conspicuous by their absence.

Have we so poisoned our world that they cannot survive living with us?

Humans are pouring tons of C02 into the atmosphere each day causing the climate to change to one more hostile to life, the death toll on wildlife like our beloved birds, is rising.

I have been noticing the decline of our swallows, where once they were many, now they are either few or totally absent.

The same terrible decline is hitting almost all of our birds, pelicans, gulls, mures, sparrows, herons etc etc etc.

We are destroying our environment, we may believe that we can exist without the wild but we will find we cannot. The wild provides our water, air, soil, life itself.
Destroying the wild is also destroying us.

Climate change is entering a runaway greenhouse phase, the earth could become so hot as to become hostile to all advanced forms of life including of course us.

We must cut C02 emissions, we must stop cutting down the rain forests, we must stop clear cutting our forests, we must stop our cancerous, excessive reproduction, we must stop using Round up, GMO that have built in poisons, we must stop using pesticides that aren't organic.

WE MUST STOP KILLING OUR PLANET !

If you truly love birds, STOP KILLING THEM!

Sheila Chambers, Brookings, OR.