[obol] Re: Turkeys on the move

  • From: "L Markoff" <canyoneagle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>, "'OBOL'" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 14:16:52 -0700

Speaking of this area in Albany, does anyone know the story of the 6-10
Chickens that roam along I-5 on the south-bound side? This is a tad south
of exit 233 (for route 20). I've seen them there 8-10 times, roaming free
in the last 4-5 months. One time they were actually on the shoulder of the
highway! Junglefowl?! Free-range Chickens to the extreme?! Whatever the
explanation, they must be very street smart!

About Turkeys, we've had them most days in our yard and sometimes several
flocks meet up for a rumble. High-count this season was 35. Too many
Turkeys for our little yard! Also, driving south on Fox Hollow Rd/Lorane
Hwy/Territorial Hwy to Jackson Marlowe Rd last week I saw Turkeys in at
least 6 different places, with the Toms in full-on display.

Lori Markoff

Eugene