[obol] RFI: Ruffed Grouse in Oxbow Park

  • From: Andy Frank <andydfrank@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 17:15:36 -0700

Ruffed Grouse had a population in the floodplain area in Oxbow Park in
Gresham. I had camped there last night thinking that with this time of
year and getting there early (I know there can be an advantage in finding
them to be the first on the trails there in the morning) it would be easy
at least to hear them. I arrived about 7AM and walked several of the
trails and didn't hear or see any. Does anyone know the current status of
the population there?

On a positive note, there were lots of Northern Rough-winged Swallows, my
FOY Warbling Vireo, and a Barred Owl there.

Thanks, Andy Frank