[obol] Polk/Yamhill Co

  • From: BILL ROSIE <watice@xxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 21:38:40 +0000

Hi All,
I got out some this morning to bird, and my wife was along for the ride. There
was an American Avocet to the north side of the narrows at BSNWR, the 10th
county record. The inclement weather brought a few thousand swallows there as
well, mostly VGs and Cliffs. There were 3 Greater Scaup at Morgan Lake. We
next went over into Yamhill County and found a Western Kingbird just south of
Amity.

Just a little note: the 5 of us who did a big day last year in Polk County
will be setting out to do the same in Yamhill on 5/9/15, so I thought a little
scouting was a good excuse to get over there (and avoid chores of course).
Where the road going south from Amity crosses over the Yamhill River there were
8 RW Swallows and one Pac Slope FC. Too bad many of the smaller wet areas are
already dry as this, unless it rains, could stymy our big day attempt.

Bill Tice: Birding - The best excuse for getting outdoors, and avoiding chores.