[obol] Migration shortages - from the Moderators

  • From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, sheila chambers <sheilach1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 15:05:37 -0700

"While your counting the birds this spring, please take note of what's
missing or in lower numbers than previously. I think it's important
even if the moderators don't."

Treesa and I are the moderators. We try our best to be as pleasant and reasonable as we can be. We volunteer our time. There is no pay and no glory in this job. There are a 1000 people on this listserv, and we try our best to keep the ship running smoothly.

Rarely do I get really annoyed. But this comment has set me off.

I take serious offense at someone suggesting what I, and Treesa for that matter, care about.

There is not one single person on this list who has any right to make a statement or assessment about what I, or for that matter anyone else, cares about.

My patience on this one is extremely thin.

The moderators will not tolerate veiled or blatant snarky comments pertaining to the moderators (or to anyone for that matter).

I expect (a word I prefer not to use) that this will be the end of this.

Dave Lauten
Co-moderator