[obol] Marion County Detroit Flats-flycatchers and warblers

  • From: Jim Kopitzke <james.kopitzke63@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 17:15:02 -0700

Greetings OBOLers

Roy Gerig and I headed up canyon to Detroit Flats today. Along the way we
made several stops, most noticeably at Fisherman's Bend Rec area. Most
notable among the 20 or so species were 6 singing Black-throated Warblers.
We did not detect any Hermit Warblers, though this spot can be great for
them.

At Detroit Flats, we found single Dusky and Gray Flycatchers, as well as a
Western Kingbird.
Warblers included 2 Nashville, 10 or so Orange-crowned, and a couple of
Common Yellowthroats.

Other migrants in the area were heard only Cassin's Vireo and House Wren,
and visuals of Western Meadowlark, a single Vaux's Swift, and about 6
Lincoln's Sparrows at a private feeding station in the area.

Jim Kopitzke
Salem