[obol] Large flock of Passerine sp, northbound, Lincoln City

  • From: "dawn v" <d_villa@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 17:28:49 +0200

In the misty fog, I just had a very large (at least 500 birds) flock of small
birds flying north by my window. As many northbound flocks do in the fog, they
went inland very briefly at Nelscott, hugging the higher terrain, then veered
back along the beach.

They didn't appear to be shorebirds, but I couldn't pick out any colors - to my
naked eye they looked black in the fog. They stayed very close together, short,
rapid wing beats - nothing like flocks of peeps or starlings. Very jerky
looking vs smooth choreographed movement. I hope they went over Boiler Bay and
were observed by the Swedes!

dawn v
Lincoln City/Nelscott