[obol] Fwd: [LCBNO] Migration project at Boiler Bay [2nd try with URL in different format]

  • From: Range Bayer <range.bayer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 20:06:20 -0700

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "" <dmarc-noreply-outsider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender
"jacob.rudhe@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
om>
Date: Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 6:33 PM
Subject: [LCBNO] Migration project at Boiler Bay
To: "LCBNO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <LCBNO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi!
Since last monday counting of migrating seabirds has been going on
every day at Boiler Bay. We are three Swedes that have a small project
to follow the migration of seabirds that goes along the west coast of
North America. The project period is set to 23 days with ending on the
5th of May. We hope to be able to observe the majority of the
movements of the Geese, Pacific Loons, Shorebirds and Gulls but of
course there are also a lot of other species that will be seen.

So far it's been going really good and we have already seen over 250
000 individuals migrating north. Mostly Common Murres, Pacific Loons
and Geese have been seen in higher numbers. However, we are still
waiting for a lot of Loons and the shorebird migration.

If you would like to follow our project we have a blog where we
publish our results and for every day writes a short summary: Boiler
Bay Sea Watch
at https://boilerbayseawatch.wordpress.com/

Happy birding!
Jacob Rudhe, Jon Jörpeland and Rasmus Elleby

Boiler Bay Sea Watch
Bird species list: Greater White-fronted Goose (Anser albifrons) 9141
Snow Goose (Chen caerulescens) 1 Brant (Branta bernicla) 740 Cackling
Goose (Branta hutchins...
View on at https://boilerbayseawatch.wordpress.com/