[obol] Fwd: [LCBNO] Migration project at Boiler Bay

  • From: Range Bayer <range.bayer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 19:38:18 -0700

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "" <dmarc-noreply-outsider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender
"jacob.rudhe@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
LCBNO-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 6:33 PM
Subject: [LCBNO] Migration project at Boiler Bay
To: "LCBNO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <LCBNO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi!
Since last monday counting of migrating seabirds has been going on every
day at Boiler Bay. We are three Swedes that have a small project to follow
the migration of seabirds that goes along the west coast of North America.
The project period is set to 23 days with ending on the 5th of May. We hope
to be able to observe the majority of the movements of the Geese, Pacific
Loons, Shorebirds and Gulls but of course there are also a lot of other
species that will be seen.

So far it's been going really good and we have already seen over 250 000
individuals migrating north. Mostly Common Murres, Pacific Loons and Geese
have been seen in higher numbers. However, we are still waiting for a lot
of Loons and the shorebird migration.

If you would like to follow our project we have a blog where we publish our
results and for every day writes a short summary: Boiler Bay Sea Watch
<http://www.boilerbayseawatch.wordpress.com/> [
https://boilerbayseawatch.wordpress.com/]

Happy birding!
Jacob Rudhe, Jon Jörpeland and Rasmus Elleby

[image: image] <http://www.boilerbayseawatch.wordpress.com/>

Boiler Bay Sea Watch <http://www.boilerbayseawatch.wordpress.com/>
Bird species list: Greater White-fronted Goose (Anser albifrons) 9141 Snow
Goose (Chen caerulescens) 1 Brant (Branta bernicla) 740 Cackling Goose
(Branta hutchins...
View on www.boilerbayseawa... <http://www.boilerbayseawatch.wordpress.com/>
Preview by Yahoo

__._,_.