[obol] Flycatcher at Mt. Tabor Park

  • From: "van der Horst" <kathyfrans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OBOL" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 14:13:20 -0700

This morning during a brief walk at the top of Mt. Tabor (Portland) my husband
spotted a bird at the top of a tree and asked me what it was. The closest ID I
could venture was an OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER. But not having a scope in harsh,
bright light I was unsure. It seemed large with a vested breast, stood upright
on the tops of two trees, and had a long primary extension. No vocalization.

Also, at Cooper Mountain in Washington County on Sunday morning I heard a
BLACK-HEADED GROSBEAK singing. Tentative, but clearly Grosbeak. And there was a
single BAND-TAILED PIGEON in the eastern woods.

Kathy van der Horst
Portland