[obol] Don't bird the EWEB Wetlands

  • From: Barbara Combs <bcombs232@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oregon Birders OnLine <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 20:06:49 -0700

Sorry, I am not happy and my fingers slipped before I finished this message.

On my way home from the Fern Ridge area this evening, I decided to stop by
the EWEB wetlands to check on migrant shorebirds.

I was accosted by a security guard and was told that I was on private
property and that I was trespassing. I told him that the area was supposed
to be open to the public, but he insisted that I was trespassing. I left
without finishing my count.

Numbers of Dunlin and dowitchers were way up, but I did not complete a
count of anything.

Unfotunately, this is Friday with no immediate weekdays to use to see
whether this is a misunderstanding or whether the EWEB policy has changed.

--
Barbara Combs obie '70
Lane County, OR