[obol] Re: Blue Grosbeak - 11 Photos

  • From: Annette Lange Hildebrand <lange69annette@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jack.williamson.jr@xxxxxxxxx" <jack.williamson.jr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 19:07:37 -0700

I agree. Have moved to Madras and just came back to teach two music days.
What lovely bird to add to my experience. Thank you, all of you

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 30, 2015, at 5:55 PM, Jack Williamson <jack.williamson.jr@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Nels, it was great to have had the opportunity to share this vagrant
experience with you! If I had to guess from looking at your photos, I would
say that we were standing, kneeling, or sitting side-by-side when we got most
of our images :-) You're too humble - your pictures are outstanding. Anyway
- stakeouts are awesome, mostly because you usually get to enjoy the company
of people you otherwise rarely have the opportunity to visit with. Life is
good when you're on a stakeout.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 5:36 PM Nels Nelson <nelsnelson7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I had the pleasure of spending about an hour this morning with my friend
Jack, taking photos of this lovely bird.
I concur with Jack's assessment about the health of this bird, which did not
use it's left leg unless absolutely necessary for maintaining balance.
As Jack noted, it spent much of its time resting flat on the ground. It flew
well the few times it went up in to trees. It was also gorging itself on
numerous worms and insects, so it is eating just fine. Hopefully its leg
will heal soon.

Here are eight of my better photos from this morning. My little Canon SX-50
can't compete with Jack's fine camera and lens setup, but I'm having a ball
with it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/101538169@N05/sets/72157649960689443/

A 'lifer' two days in a row (White Wagtail & Blue Grosbeak) is a GREAT way
to end April.

Nels

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 2:32 PM, Jack Williamson
<jack.williamson.jr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is the third time in a year for me that I've had the pleasure of
running into very a tame and photogenic vagrant.

I think this bird is injured though. I had the opportunity to observe it
for about an hour. It could fly just fine, but when it was on the ground
it would favor its left leg and would spend long intervals perched flat on
the ground not moving.

http://www.jack-n-jill.net/p227736425