[obol] Benton Co. migrants plus

  • From: "Karan Fairchild" <alderspr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Midvalley Birding'" <birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Oregon Birds Online" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 21:05:18 -0700

Had our first of year WILSON'S WARBLER, PURPLE MARTIN, and RED-SHOULDERED
HAWK today, April 14 (the last might be only a local migrant). Our
second-of-year BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLER occurred today as well, a week
after our first stopped in. And we probably topped one hundred Band-tailed
pigeons today--bring cracked corn if you visit!
The last few days we have had flushes of EVENING GROSBEAKS, untyped RED
CROSSBILLS, and GOLDEN-CROWNED SPARROWS, seemingly drifting out of the
colder valley floor to catch more morning light.

Jim (and Karan) Fairchild
Alder Spring; 6 mi SW of Philomath, Benton County.