[obol] Bald Mt Today

  • From: BILL ROSIE <watice@xxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 00:53:57 +0000

Hi Folks,
This afternoon my wife and I hiked up Bald Mt out of Pedee, western Polk Co.
On the way up we saw a Townsends Solitare, best bird of the day, and probably
my best for that location, although that should change, eventually. Other
birds seen were a pair of Western Bluebirds, one Flicker, Hairy WP, 4 juncos,
one RT Hawk, and one Sooty Grouse was heard. While we waited around at the
top it began snowing while the sun was still shining through, kind of surreal.
We even made it back down without getting a flat, but sometimes this is not
evident until the next day...............so will keep my fingers crossed.

Bill Tice: Birding - The best excuse for getting outdoors, and avoiding chores.