[obol] Aleutian Geese Langlois

  • From: Stephanie Hazen <stephaniehazen17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 22:36:41 -0700

https://picasaweb.google.com/101700670573128910486/AleutianGeese02?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIvIkdXyiou09gE&feat=directlink

<https://picasaweb.google.com/101700670573128910486/AleutianGeese02?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIvIkdXyiou09gE&feat=directlink>

I was watching Ray fish in the surf for perch at the mouth of the Sixes River,
and noticed some geese flying out over the ocean. I often take photos just to
identify
birds. I enlarge the photos in camera to look for clues as to what they are. I
was surprised to find white necks on these birds.

I figured I had Aleutian Geese.

later in the week, I talked to coastal land owner, Rick McKenzie, at my
cousin’s wedding in Langlois. Rick said this week Aleutians have
been stopping over in his sheep pastures on their way north.

I felt pretty lucky to witness the migration!

Stephanie Hazen
Salem