[obe-members] Re: Top Things we learned today

  • From: Andrew Deans <andrewd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "<obe-members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <obe-members@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 22:10:13 +0000

Great read as always Norm!

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 7, 2015, at 1:46 PM, Norm Sandvik
<norm.sandvik@xxxxxxx<mailto:norm.sandvik@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

This may be a duplicate for some.

Happy New Year

Well I am back for another year... Please take all complaints directly to our
Chair as I am sure he has nothing better to do than clean up the mess I
sometimes make. If you are really thin skinned I would suggest you unsubscribe
from this mailing list. You can request that, I have no idea at all how to get
you off but you can certainly request it.

Great turnout for the start of the year. May not have seemed like it but we
were at the 70% mark which is good for the first meeting of the year and with
the weather we have been having.

Fun meeting for the first meeting of the year, well done new executive.

1. 16 years ago that Paul Hergott, Joe Maciel, Desmond Dobroskay and Dave
Mann's broke away from BNI and started the group. Mustn't forget that TD was
also there and as Paul says she is the Grandmother of the group!

2. New Executive

Paul Marois Chair
Past Chair Denise Bruce (with nothing to do)
Cheryl Grant Vice Chair
Lana Belvis Secretary (all leads now go to her)
Raymond Wurdeman Treasurer
Tiffany Wiens Attendance
Sara Bauer Membership
Bo Skapski Speaker
Committee  Social
Committee Advertising/Promotion

3. Cheryl started off the infomercials on a fun note, giving us all tough guy
nicknames. (Crash, Calculator, Bones, The Bolt, Cowboy, Spec's, The Defender,
Hands, The Protector, The puck to name a few) I forgot what she called me but I
am sure it wasn't very complimentary.. You guess which ones belong to whom.

4. Speaker next week is the ever lovely Paul Hergott followed up by the vote on
the budget. (see attached budget for those of you not there today).

5. What would the first meeting of January be without Mr. Hergott wanting to
know what line in the budget the administrative assistant is on.

6. WE NEED MORE MEMBERS, PLEASE TRY AND BRING A GUEST OUT

7. I was just looking at our website and I see some of the newer members are
not on and some outdated info. Please check yours and if wrong please contact
Cheryl.

Sent without proof reading or spelling. Read at your own risk.

DID YOU FILL OUT A REFERRAL SLIP TODAY?

Have a profitable week everyone and please remember to think
OBE<http://www.okbe.ca/> first before buying or recommending anyone.

NORM SANDVIK
Apple Valley Promotions
Phone: (250) 470 8008
Fax:     (250) 769 1887

Website: www.applevalleypromotions.com<http://www.applevalleypromotions.com>
Website: www.okbe.ca<http://www.okbe.ca>

Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions. They are easier to handle than dumb
mistakes.

I will be on Christmas Holidays from December 22, 2014 through to January 4th
inclusive.
<OBE Budget.pdf>