[obe-executive] awards changes

  • From: "OBE Vice Chair" <vicechair@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <obe-executive@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 09:11:40 -0700

Please see the verbage below which I have drafted to send to Hergott for the
Charter.

I would like the Executives okay first to make sure I am relaying what we
all agreed on.

Note: I have changed the decision of the Community Impact Award to be just
the Chair and Vice Chair. The reason being that if we all vote - it would
basically discount us all from being eligible. Read what I have put there
and see if it makes sense.

I welcome your feedback.

I would like to get this to Hergott by the end of today if possible so he
can be prepared to read out the changes at the next meeting. Then we can
call for a vote before the end of the month.

Thanks

Cheryl Grant

Vice-Chair OBE

There shall be 5 official annual awards. For three of the awards, the winner
will be calculated by the statistics kept by the Executive. One will be by
membership vote and one will be by membership nomination and the final
decision made by the Executive.

All 5 winners will be awarded a plaque (in the case of a tie, more than one
plaque may be required for any single award). All awards will be presented
at the Annual Christmas Party.

Awarded by statistical calculation:

1.Perfect Attendance Award - Any member who has attended (or has had
representation at) 100% of the weekly meetings to date during the current
calendar year.

2.Referral Award - The member who has initiated the highest
number of third-party referrals to date during the current calendar
year.

3.Top Recruiter Award - The member who was responsible for the
most new member inductions date in the current calendar year. (The
winner(s) of this award will be exempt from paying the following
years dues. In the case of a tie, the cost of dues will be split
amongst the winners).

Awarded by membership vote:

4.Founders Award - The member who has made the greatest
contribution to the organization to date during the current calendar
year.

Awarded by Executive through membership nomination:

5.Community Impact Award - In keeping with the mission to be
dedicated to the prosperity and wellbeing of our community - members
nominate themselves, their business, an individual or members
business outlining why they feel they exemplify this part of the group's
mission. All nominations will be submitted to the OBE Chair by the
deadline set out by the Executive. The winner will be decided by the Chair
and Vice- Chair. In the case that either the Chair or Vice-Chair
are included in the nominations, they would be in a conflict of
interest and will ask either the past chair or another of the current
Executive to take their place in the judging.