[oakleafsunjgroup] Giving Jesus First Place

  • From: diane martin <diane30120@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oakleafsunjgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oakleafsunjgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, mandy <m_walker2323@xxxxxxxxx>, "leszta5@xxxxxxxxx" <leszta5@xxxxxxxxx>, "onejesussfc@xxxxxxxxxxx" <onejesussfc@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "l.cauthen85@xxxxxxxxx" <l.cauthen85@xxxxxxxxx>, "joyce1142@xxxxxxxxx" <joyce1142@xxxxxxxxx>, Doris Sorrells <dosorrells@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "ib_fir@xxxxxxxxx" <ib_fir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 04:52:49 -0700 (PDT)

I thought this was great

October 11
Giving Jesus First Place
Philippians 2:9-11
When Christ has first place in our lives, we will experience many blessings.
These include a . . .
Quiet spirit. As we turn our attention to the Lord and meditate on His Word, He
“leads us beside quiet waters,” where we find rest for our soul (Ps. 23:2).
TheHoly Spirit will help us shut out the “noise” of worldly distractions so He
can provide assurance of our Father’s love and support. With a quieted heart
and mind, we will be able to discern what God is saying to us.
Stronger faith. Studying the Scriptures will enlarge our view of God and give
us insight and direction. Reading how the Lord has helped others, we will gain
confidence that He is at our side, enabling us to meet life’s demands. Our
faith will grow as we follow His direction and watch how He works on our behalf.
Purified heart. Like a mirror, the Bible reflects back to us who we truly are
and reveals where we need to change. When we confess our sin, God promises to
cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9).
Prepared mind. We don’t know what’s in our tomorrows, but God does. He wants to
prepare us for the future—both the joyous times and the hard ones. Through the
Holy Spirit’s ministry, we will be equipped for whatever life brings (2 Peter
1:3).
Paul’s life demonstrates what it means to give Jesus first place. Because the
apostle made Christ the Lord of his life (Gal. 2:20), he knew joy amidst trials
and received the strength to face turmoil and difficulty. These blessings will
also be ours when we make relationship with Jesus our highest goal.
For more biblical teaching and resources

From: Andy <aboczsr@xxxxxxxxx>
To: oakleafsunjgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you no longer wish to receive email from the Oakleaf Church Sunday Singles
Journey Group mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the list by sending an
email to oakleafsunjgroup-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  with 'unsubscribe' in the
Subject field of the email.