[nyschp.dop] Re: Questions regarding E-Prescribing and Automated Dispensing Systems / Rx transfers

  • From: "Dodge, Brian" <bdodge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nyschp.dop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nyschp.dop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 11:44:14 -0500

All,

Has anyone been asked the question regarding transfer of prescriptions?  How
are you handling patients that may get a prescription and then visit multiple
pharmacies to find the best price?  If they have a prescription electronically
sent how can they still do this?  There are patients who may get medications
filled at more than one pharmacy.

If a medication is stocked out at a particular pharmacy but a competitor across
the street has the product how will the patient be able to fill their script
w/out delay?

Will the provider need to send an additional prescription to another pharmacy?

These are a couple questions that we are concerned about going forward and are
forcing us to question how hard we want to push on this initiative at this time.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Brian

Brian R. Dodge RPh