[nvda-translations] Re: userGuide stats file

  • From: Bernd Dorer <bernd_dorer@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 22:10:51 +0200

Hi Mesar,

I think this would be great. The work is getting very easy and the translation project gets more and more better.

Thanks for your great work. I think that sometime all translations are done with your system.

Bernd

Am 29.09.2011 21:18, schrieb Mesar Hameed:
Hi Bernd,
On Thu 29/09/11,20:37, Bernd Dorer wrote:
Hi Mesar, hi Team,

Here's my next idea based on your userguidestats.txt:
Maybe you could enhance the script, so it shows you only this
sections you have to change. For example:
The english userguide has 1 Paragraph in section 1, 2 Paragraphs in
section 1.1 and so on.
In your translated file you have for example 2 Paragraphs in section
1 and 3 Paragraphs in section 1.1. All other sections have the same
number of paragraphs, tables, lists and so on. In this case the
userguidestats.txt will only include section 1 and 1.1 because all
other paragraphs are correct.
I wanted it to be connected to the commit message, so when the commit message
says completed
4650 then it compares against the correct version, but this will be quite hard
to program,
because we are not very strict with the format of the commit messages.

What I can do easely is to compare against the
latest ug diff version, will that be ok?

So for example if the German userguide is up to date with 4626, it will show
you the
statistics diffrance between 4626 and 4658,.
So when you complete 4650, the statistics will be even better, and when the
file is fully up
to date, then the statistics file is empty.

Does this sound ok?

What do you think?

Bernd

P.S. Sorry for my bad english :-)
Your english is perfect, but sorry for my bad German :-) I wish I could learn
it one day.

Mesar