[nvda-translations] Really comfused about color translation

  • From: Ondrej Rosik <ondrej.rosik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 14:12:15 +0200

Hi list,
I am translating latest NVDA to Slovak but I am really comfused about collor names. it seems that there are different names across ms word and NVDA and I don't know how to translate it properly to not comfuse end user. Few examples:
MS office: Indigo color. NVDA reports this as pale blue. E. g. I set the document formatting to indigo and NVDA says pale blue
MS office: baby blue, or pale blue. NVDA reports it as light pale aquablue.

My problem is: What really is the pale blue? If i set the document color formatting to babyblue or pale blue (i found both in MS language portal). NVDA reports this as light pale aquablue. Sighted user tells me that indigo and pale blue is not the same.
there are also different names for other colors:
MS office: Skyblue - NVDA: bright aqua
ms office: soft blue. NVDa: light pale blue

other translators, do you encountered similar issue with colors?

    Ondrej