[nvda-translations] Re: Localising NVDA Installer into Tamil

  • From: Peter Vágner <peter.v@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 14:57:15 +0200

Hello,
I haven't replied to this message earlier.
It appears nsis has not been localized to tamil yet.
Since we already have python based own installer in the works perhaps we can please our tamil friends to be a bit more patient with us until it's ready. Otherwise making NVDA installer fully localized into tamil would require also translation of nsis into tamil.

Greetings

Peter

On 19.9.2011 15:03, Mesar Hameed  wrote:
Dear Peter,

I dont know if you replied to Dinakar directly, but all the information
that i found online about nsis, says that it does not work for Tamil.
Still i tried, when i put the langstrings in the right place and updated
nvda.nsi, and tried to build the installer, it had some erros,
unfortunately i dont have them here to paste for you to look at.

Maybe the only solution is to wait for the unicode installer.

Thanks.

Mesar
On Sat 17/09/11,20:17, DINAKAR T.D. wrote:
Dear Mr. Peter,

With the guidance and help of Mr. Mesar Hameed, I have localised NVDA
into Tamil. I have also added the characterdescriptions.dic and
symbols.dic files.

Mr. Mesar had sent me the langstrings_ta.txt file for translation so
that the NVDA Installer can be localised into Tamil. He had advised
that Unicode should not be used or translation.

I wish to inform you that the TSCII format, which was in use prior to
unicode for Tamil is not in use as far as I know and these days only
unicode is being used for Tamil text.

In the situation given above, can anything be done to localise the
NVDA Installer into Tamil?

Awaiting your reply,

DINAKAR