[nvda-translations] Korean Translation Progress Report: UI translation at 31%

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 16:21:14 -0700

Dear fellow translators and contributors,
I'm happy to report that we now have 31% of NVDA UI messages in Korean. As
of now, we've got most of the preferences dialogs translated, as well as
some keyboard help messages and other speech output that NVDA generates. For
testing the UI, I'm using Vocalizer English and Korean voices with UI
messages based on the mo file that Poedit generates and copying the mo file
to the appropriate NVDA localization directory.
However, in order to make highest quality translation, I'd like to invite a
few Korean speakers to this translations email list and to the NVDA Korean
group, and if the mod approves, start testing the UI with select individuals
to make sure the outcome is high quality translation that users seek from
NVDA Korean.
Thanks for your considerations.
Cheers,
Joseph