[nvda-addons] Re: thoughts about google speech recognitionrelease plan.

  • From: Alberto Buffolino <a.buffolino@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 12:00:21 +0200

Kevin Cussick (il 19/08/2013 9.51) ha scritto:
press Nvda shift and control g to  except the text I get strange
things happening when using ff. like a message about private
browsing.
Alberto:
yes, it happens here too, and also in Instantbird. The problem is the accept gesture, I'm afraid... and, about it, use clipboard via api would be better, IMHO, considering also that there is a bug in sendChars function on XP (I'm investigating, and probably it depends to user32.SendInput, not to the addon, in any case). Ok, XP is old and nearing retirement, but... I'll open a ticket, however.
Ah, the bug is very simple to demonstrate; write in NVDA console:
import brailleInput
brailleInput.handler.sendChars("You're stopping, you cannot")
result is, systematically (on XP, I repeat):
you're stoping, you canot
and the double letters go away...
It's not an addon bug, but, for info, it exists.
Ah, the recognition works in Italian. :)
Alberto