[nvda-addons] Re: thoughts about google speech recognitionrelease plan.

  • From: Kevin Cussick <the.big.white.shepherd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 08:51:42 +0100

I tried this addon, It doesn't like My Scottish accent! and when I press Nvda shift and control g to except the text I get strange things happening when using ff. like a message about private browsing. I have only taken a very quick look at this addon so maybe I am not using it as it should be used. please let me know if this is the case. if not it is not that useful for me at this time.

On 19/08/2013 02:06, shaun everiss wrote:
yeah I know jo which is why I always end up leaving that off.
its a pitty we have not worked out google tts yet.
what is the advantage with google speech recognition to us anyway.

At 09:00 PM 8/18/2013, you wrote:
Hi Shaun and others:
The dialect switching in this case isn't really connected to speech
output - rather, it is more towards whether Google's Speech
Recognition service accepts languages with dialects (and it does,
apparently).
The issue with foreign languaje switching in websites is not really
QVDA's fault - its how the website was tagged with language markers,
as screen readers use lang codes to switch to different languages.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Joseph