[nvda-addons] Re: nvSpeechPlayer: Should we change the sound of the David Voice

  • From: Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 06:28:51 +0930

It's in the voice dropdown menu when you open the "Voice Settings" dialogue
with SpeechPlayer running. There are no alternate languages yet, so that's
where the voice variants live.

Subject: [nvda-addons] Re: nvSpeechPlayer: Should we change the sound of the
David Voice
From: kennycheung0@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 16:48:45 -0400
To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

where can I find it

Sent from Kenny's iPhoneLearn about the-m-word.net and please sine.I took the
pledge will you?http://www.the-m-word.net
On Jun 10, 2014, at 4:29 PM, Amanda Lacy <lacy925@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Oops, you're right.

    On 6/10/2014 3:26 PM, Sharni-Lee Ward
      wrote:

      There are four voices: Adam, Benjamin, Caleb (which
        is a whispering one), and David (which is very deep).

        > From: bglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

          > To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

          > Subject: [nvda-addons] Re: nvSpeechPlayer: Should we
          change the sound of the David Voice

          > Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 21:22:47 +0100

          > What is the david voice. I thought there were only two
          voices that actually

          > worked?

          > Brian

          > bglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

          > Sent via blueyonder.

          > Please address personal email to:-

          > briang1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, putting 'Brian Gaff'

          > in the display name field.

          change the sound of the

          > David Voice

          > > Hi,

          > > A quick follow-up to my message will help clarify
          things if you don't

          > > mind please.

          > > When I mentioned what settings should have been
          changed with the frame

          > > settings, you should change them with the Adam
          voice. Then if there is

          > > a way that this could work with the David voice, or
          if these settings

          > > could be modified to work with the David voice, this
          would create a

          <brandongold98@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

          > >> Hi,

          > >> Right now I'm running a portable copy of NVDA on
          a very old revision

          > >> of Speech Player so I can do some testing and
          experimentation. I was

          > >> running this old version and decided to do some
          hard testing with the

          > >> frame settings in the voice settings dialog.

          > >> I think that the David voice needs to be changed
          a little in the

          > >> latest revision. For those of us who have
          regularly used Eloquence, I

          > >> have made almost an exact imitation of the voice
          Rocco. I think that

          > >> this should be what David sounds like.

          > >> Here are the settings:

          > >> Frame.VoicePitch and Frame.EndVoicePitch
          sliders: 45

          > >> Frame.CF1, Frame.CF2, Frame.CF3, Frame.CF4,
          Frame.CF5, Frame.CF6, all

          > >> of these sliders should be set to 40.

          > >> Now when you change the regular pitch of the
          voice using the pitch

          > >> slider you can choose and make it sound more
          like Rocco.

          > >> This may make it easier to understand the David
          voice.

          > >> Thanks,

          > >> Brandon

          > > NVDA add-ons Central: A list for discussing NVDA
          add-ons

          nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

          > > To unsubscribe, send an email with the subject line
          of "unsubscribe"

          nvda-addons-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

          > > If you have questions for list moderators, please
          send a message to

          http://addons.nvda-project.org